Monday 17 January 2011

Luckily we have stuff in common












I never imagined as a youngster growing up in urban North London that I'd ever particularly have any desire to visit Italy, let alone marry an Italian girl, live in Italy, become enamoured with Italian motorcycles and learn the language; funny how life takes its twists and turns. My father-in-law is a good bloke. He's very much a man's man, but also has an artistic and creative side, and is a fascinating person at that. First time I met him 18 years ago I was terrified - he's big and mean looking - but as it happened, I turned up at his house on a Moto Guzzi with his daughter on the back - and it transpired that he was a life-long motorcyclist. It couldn't have been better. Here's a few shots of his garage which is bigger than my house, with his current Guzzi California, meticulously kept under a dust sheet. More to follow..

1 comment:

Pete Stansfield said...

Tomorrow i am going to tidy up ...